GEA is pleased to announce its fourth annual National Geothermal Summit on Tuesday, August 5th and Wednesday, August 6th in Reno, NV. The National Geothermal Summit features the who’s who of the geothermal industry. It is an event not to be missed!
Topics to be covered include:
- Organizing at the state level
- Federal Leasing
- Financing/Incentives for Exploration and Early Drilling
- State PUC and Utility planning and how it recognizes geothermal energy
- Public Power and the future of geothermal energy
- EGS and related technology developments
- Salton Sea Restoration and Renewable Energy Initiative
- Moving forward in Nevada after SB 123
- Valuing Geothermal – Baseload, flexible power, and more
- Geothermal transmission bottlenecks, ranking and addressing
- Small power and community systems
The National Geothermal Summit is attended by the geothermal industry at large which makes this aÂ great opportunitiy for exhibitors.Â On Tuesday, August 5 from noon-5pm the exhibit area is the go to place for a hosted lunch and to walk the exhibits in the Expo area between noon and 4pm. A networking reception will be held in the exhibit area from 4-6pm.
On Wednesday, August 6th, the National Geothermal Summit will start with a plenary session followed by afternoon break-out sessions, and closing plenary session.
The plenary sessions will feature policy leaders invited to speak and engage in discussion about the future of renewable and geothermal power. The exhibit hall will be open all day on Wednesday, too, and will be the go-to place for breakfast, breaks and lunch.